These student loan self-help packets in English and Spanish will help you with specific federal student loan programs. The packets provide information on important topics including consolidation, disability discharge, economic hardship and unemployment deferment.
It may be faster in many cases to apply for student loan relief on-line. Key resources include:
- On-line application for disability discharge (starts the application process)
- On-line federal student loan consolidation application (requires signing in to https://studentaid.gov)
- On-line income-driven repayment plan application (requires signing in to https://studentaid.gov)
You should check with your loan servicer about other on-line applications.
- Collection Agencies and Your Rights: Sending a “Cease Communication” Letter (English)
- Collection Agencies And Your Rights/Sus Derechos Frente A Las Agencias De Cobro (Spanish/Espanol)
- Economic Hardship Deferment (English)
- Economic Hardship Deferment/Prorroga por Penuria Economica (Spanish/Espanol)
- Unemployment Deferment (English)
- Unemployment Deferment/Prórroga Por Desempleo (Spanish/Espanol)